Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Hello, World!

A.D. 2012 - And so, a new blog is born.

I'm still tinkering with the layout, fonts, tabs, etc., but the entire point of this blog is content and conversation. The bells and whistles will come; I'd rather just get down to business.

While I'm not going to pigeonhole myself into saying "this is a math blog" or "this is an education blog" or "this is a PBL blog" or "this is a super-cool ninja blog," I can say that one of my purposes here is to continually reflect on my teaching practice. I think reflection is an important aspect of improving my teaching practice, and I don't really do it enough. So, here I am.

I don't know what I have to offer, but I'll share what I can. There are three parties I want to benefit from this blog: myself, my students, and my colleagues. If I can learn from other teachers, and other teachers can learn from me, then all of our students will benefit, right?

Anyway, let's get this started.

No comments:

Post a Comment